I've Moved!

The time has come to move into my new website. for my new reviews please visit me at:

Did You See That One?

Sunday, July 3, 2011

My next link in the film chain.... Black Hawk Down

Black Hawk Down Poster

I wasn't giving myself a lot when I chose the Fantastic Four film last. I did find Ioan Gruffud as the link to this film though. I enjoy Black Hawk Down for a lot of reasons. First I think that the soundtrack was excellent. Second, I am a fan of films where you can put a bunch of relatively big names on the screen without making any one of them a standout star. The story line lends itself to an ensemble cast.

I consider this one of the better war movies made in the last decade. I appreciate a film that is honest in it's telling. I know artistic license will be taken whenever a story is adapted for the screen, it's just a matter of how much. This story details an American failure, or at least an American underestimation of our enemies. I don't like losing, but when we lose it's important to be honest.

Well, enough of that. I enjoy the film and I'm excited to see where this link leads me.

No comments:

Post a Comment