I've Moved!

The time has come to move into my new website. for my new reviews please visit me at:

Did You See That One?

Saturday, July 30, 2011

From The Love Guru to Inglourious Basterds. What an experience!

So how do you go from The Love Guru to Inglourious Basterds? You use Mike Myers, whose part in Basterds was small but sufficient for me to use him as the next link.

This might have been Quentin Tarantino's best effort since Pulp Fiction. Like most of his films this is for mature audiences only. The almost comic book style violence is accentuated by some of the best dialogue I've heard in years. No wonder Christoph Waltz won the Oscar for his role.

This is a film that feels like a comedy but has the dark undertones of a serious war film. The story takes on the style of most of Tarantino's films by breaking into segments which link together nicely as you see the story come to it's climax.

I give this film 5 out of 5 stars. I thought long about this since I don't know how many films would get that rating. It's just an experience unlike many others.

No comments:

Post a Comment