I've Moved!

The time has come to move into my new website. for my new reviews please visit me at:

Did You See That One?

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Crazy, Stupid, Love

Date night with the wife started and finished with Crazy, Stupid, Love. (Don't confuse this with Date Night, another Carell film which I did not enjoy enough to tell anyone about.)



This is a humorous and intelligent film starring Steve Carell, Ryan Gosling, Julianne Moore, and Emma Stone. The story revolves around Cal, played by Steve Carell, who sees his marriage fall apart. As he seeks solutions and a way to recover he meets Jacob, played by Ryan Gosling. Jacob is a free spirit who tries to bring Cal into the world of dating. The humor throughout the film is well-placed and the acting lends itself to a film that has deeply serious moments and light comedic scenes as well.

Although rated PG-13 I wouldn't suggest taking a 13 year-old to see the film. This has some swearing but mainly needs a mature audience to understand the situations and events that occur.

I really loved this film. I think it succeeded in making it's point and has repeat value as well.

I give this one 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment