I've Moved!

The time has come to move into my new website. for my new reviews please visit me at:

Did You See That One?

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Our Idiot Brother

This comedy is centered around an idealistic, yet incredibly dense man and how he affects the lives of his family. Paul Rudd stars as the main character Ned, while Elizabeth Banks, Zooey Deschanel, and Emily Mortimer play his frustrated sisters.The comedy in this film is found in interaction and dialogue. The writing and the music were nice, and the cast did a good job portraying a family.



I think this is a film that underachieved when it came time to deliver on the premise. There was room for more funny moments in some of the situations. That being said, I enjoyed the film for what it was. The story had great moments but didn't come together. I suppose I also expected it to have a few more standout moments.

For anyone looking to see a light comedy that doesn't require much thinking, this is the film for you. It does have some strong words that should keep the kiddies away.

I give this one 2.8 stars out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment