I've Moved!

The time has come to move into my new website. for my new reviews please visit me at:

Did You See That One?

Friday, September 9, 2011

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

In the fifth installment of the Harry Potter saga I can honestly say that I was excited and anxious to see what would happen next. I wasn't disappointed with the results despite being incredibly surprised. As with the other films, this is an improvement over those that came before it. I think that this might have been the strongest story and also the darkest by far. 

This time around the school ceased to be the center of all activities and the world of magic opened up. The dark plot lent itself to a more scary film style and set design. This film also dealt with some of the obvious questions about the effects of all the danger on Harry Potter. The story also allowed HArry to step out of line and be a bit of a rebel.

One of the great things about these films is the ability to have the same villain and still see an evolution in the story. This wasn't Lex Luthor riding off into the night with vague promises to return. This villain is a truly dark being with means to continue in his pursuit of Harry Potter. In this film he continued his efforts with a new cast of sidekicks. I am ready for number six thanks to the quality of this film. 

Finally, I was glad to see all the same faces, having the cast along for all the films so far has been great. I don't know if that continues but I sure hope so.  


I would say that this is as good as those before it. The films have all been fun to watch and as the actors mature the stories do as well. I give this 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment