I've Moved!

The time has come to move into my new website. for my new reviews please visit me at:

Did You See That One?

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Lincoln Lawyer (2011)


From the desk of Genna DeLany, a review on The Lincoln Lawyer:


Mickey Haller is L.A.’s top criminal defense attorney – a fast living, freewheeling pro who does business out of the back seat of his classic Lincoln Town car. He knows all the ins and outs of the legal system and how to exploit them to his clients’ advantage. But after agreeing to defend a wealthy young man accused of rape and murder, Mickey suddenly finds himself embroiled in a deadly game of violence, vengeance and deception that threatens to not only end his career, but also his life.

The Good: Matthew McConaughey. He got a lot of praise for this role when this movie came and, and deservedly so. He did an excellent job of portraying emotions and inner turmoil through facial expressions and body language. He was believable throughout the entire film.

The story. It had me figuring it out as it went rather than 5 minutes in.  It’s not a story I’ve seen 10 times in other movies. It kept me interested until the end.



The Bad: Ryan Phillipe. He really wasn’t terrible, but I’ve never been a huge fan of him. He doesn’t have much stage presence. However, it does kind of work in this role. His character called for a sense of coldness, but I think there could have been a little more to him.

Recommend? Yes. There is some moderate language and the nature of the alleged crimes is very serious. So it is not for the younger crowd.

I give this film 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment