I've Moved!

The time has come to move into my new website. for my new reviews please visit me at:

Did You See That One?

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Cobb - The 1994 film about a baseball legend.

In 1994 Ron Shelton made an attempt to create a film based on Al Stump's book about the late Ty Cobb. This was a daunting task considering the incredible and long life of the subject. Tommy Lee Jones was chosen to play the title character and the film moved forward with a list of lesser known actors.

Sadly, the film chose to look at Cobb's life in small clips over the course of a film that focused on his paranoid last years. I feel like this was a wasted opportunity to capture the life of a man hated for his personality and loved for his skills. In truth, I feel like the film didn't ever take the leap into the past that would've truly fascinated viewers.

In the end they made a film that underperformed and left more questions than answers. I believe this is a failed experiment at making a biographical film without ever showing a man's life.

I give this 2 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment