I've Moved!

The time has come to move into my new website. for my new reviews please visit me at:

Did You See That One?

Friday, September 23, 2011

Eight Men Out

This 1988 film is a great account of the eight men who put a stain on baseball. The film has an all-star cast that includes John Cusack, Christopher Lloyd, Charlie Sheen, David Strathairn, and D.B. Sweeney. Each of these men does a great job taking on the roles of baseball legends.

This film tells the story of the Chicago Black Sox who were accused of fixing the 1919 series. The story goes from the end of the regular season to the sensational trial after the series was over. The film examines the roles each of these great ballplayers had in the fix, as well as the forces outside that pressured them. The tragedy and the conflict are well played throughout.



This is a tragic story for anyone, maybe more for someone who loves baseball. I enjoyed the film in every aspect, but I especially enjoyed it because of the look at baseball history. Written in part by John Sayles, a two time Oscar nominee for his writing, this is quite an emotional film. It's rated PG so it's a film that the whole family can watch. In contrast to Cobb I think this is a film that stays more true to the history of the events.

I would rate this at 3.6 stars out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment