I've Moved!

The time has come to move into my new website. for my new reviews please visit me at:

Did You See That One?

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Doubt (2008)



This 2008 film earned five Academy Award nominations including three for acting. Philip Seymour Hoffman, Meryl Streep, Amy Adams, and Viola Davis all worked in perfect harmony for this drama set in a Catholic school in 1964.


The story follows the stark difference between Father Flynn (Hoffman) and Sister Beauvier (Streep) who clash on the way things should be done. The differences become a problem when Sister Beauvier brings Sister James (Adams) into an investigation of Father Flynn  and his relationship with a young man in the school. Confrontation leads to confusion and contention as story unfolds. Sister James finds herself in the middle as she seeks for the good in the people involved.

This is one of those films I just didn't get around to. The mature subject matter was handled well and it kept a PG-13 rating which works wonderfully. I am always impressed by the talents of both Seymour and Streep but it was Adams who really impressed me this time. This is a wonderfully filmed movie with an incredible soundtrack, perhaps one of the best movies of the last five years.

This is a drama that you can really sink your teeth into. I give this a 4.3 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment